Tonina

Tonina Talks Tales

Lifelong reader with the food-smudged and bath-drowned books to prove it. I read YA and SF/F with forays into history, politics, classic lit, and *good* historical fiction. My e-reader is my constant companion.

The Bone Season
Samantha Shannon
This is W.A.R.
'Lisa Roecker', 'Laura Roecker'

The Elite

The Elite - Kiera Cass *THE FOLLOWING IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING "THE ELITE"*For a while there I honestly thought that I hadn't given the first book in this series a fair shake, because I was so disgusted by Kiera Cass's unprofessional antics last year. So against my better judgment, I decided I would buy this book and give it a read.Big mistake. Here's the truth: It's worse than [b:The Selection|10507293|The Selection (The Selection, #1)|Kiera Cass|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1322103400s/10507293.jpg|15413183]. Seriously, it is. Don't waste your money, don't waste your time, don't waste the skill of the ophthalmologist who will have to work his or her fingers to the bone in a desperate attempt to save your sight after your eyeballs are seared by the scorching stupidity of this story. Now if you're a Kiera Cass fangirl and you loved loved loved The Selection, then perhaps you'll enjoy this too. Or perhaps there's some sort of anti-stupidity eyeball varnish product available on the market that makes you feel like you're watching adorable little kittens frolicking about whenever you read something that would otherwise be painfully inane, in which case I hope someone will contact me with a link for said product right away. However, if you didn't like the first book, or you were on the fence about it, or you refused to read the first one for whatever reason, I urge you to avoid this piece of dreck unless you're checking it out of the library and have a huge stockpile of that eyeball varnish close to hand. *END OF PSA*