Tonina

Tonina Talks Tales

Lifelong reader with the food-smudged and bath-drowned books to prove it. I read YA and SF/F with forays into history, politics, classic lit, and *good* historical fiction. My e-reader is my constant companion.

The Bone Season
Samantha Shannon
This is W.A.R.
'Lisa Roecker', 'Laura Roecker'
Romeo Redeemed - Stacey Jay I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to make a pilgrimage to Shakespeare's grave (and possibly to his memorial in the Poets' Corner of Westminster Abbey) to absolve myself of the guilt I feel for having read this atrocity. This book carries most of the hallmarks of bad YA - instalove, a ridiculous and hole-ridden plot, totally unnecessary relationship angst - but it also brutalizes Shakespeare's work to create said ridiculous plot. The end result is an offence against both literature and basic logic. If you're considering reading this book, or its predecessor, [b:Juliet Immortal|9972882|Juliet Immortal (Juliet Immortal, #1)|Stacey Jay|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1358273112s/9972882.jpg|13479602], stop, give yourself a firm slap across the face, and find something else to read.